Tuesday, December 18, 2012

i sang for people: here's the update.

remember when i told you about how i was going to do something scary and i was going to sing in front of people?

well that has come and passed and you know what, it wasn't nearly as terrifying as i thought it would be. it was actually pretty fun.

see i wrangled a friend who knows how to play guitar into helping me (since i don't know how to play guitar, don't worry, it's on the new year's resolution list) and we practiced some christmas tunes and showed up on a rainy december morning to play for a handful of people who were all either drinking coffee and chatting with loved ones, knitting, or having a bible study. we did all covers (i'm not ready to completely wear my heart, emotions, and soul on my sleeve with my own tunes just yet) and only screwed up once or twice, which i am totally blaming on my singing partner.

it reminded me how much i love creating music. i used to perform with my high school orchestra and i loved concert nights. and even though these songs weren't something i had penned myself it was still this sense of rightness when performing them.

so i will continue on in music even though i may not have the best voice and despite the fact that i'm not the most naturally musically inclined because it is something that fills my heart with joy. it feels like where i am supposed to be, even when it takes getting over myself to get there.

"far better to fail at building a magnificent world than succeed in monochromatic survival." -jon foreman

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment