Tuesday, August 12, 2014

body language guide.

the title may be a bit misleading...i'm not writing a universal body-language guide like if he keeps glancing at your lips and absent-mindedly licks his lips he probably wants to kiss you (though that is more than likely an accurate guide, why am i not writing for cosmo or glamour or some other trashy lady-magazine?), no this is more of a guide to what i look like at a concert.

fascinating. i know.

but if you are one of my friends and in a band and i come to your show and you think i'm having no fun because i'm standing there with my arms crossed i assure you it's not the case...it's just how i stand. so without further ado, here's the complete guide to how i look when i'm watching live music.

arms crossed, swaying side-to-side slightly: i'm enjoying the show. you're doing a good job. it's touch and go on whether or not i will uncross my arms to clap at the end of a song.

arms at my side, hands tapping my thighs, dancing without moving my feet: i'm pretty into the show. you captured my attention and you've got enough of a beat to get my white-butt wishing i knew how to dance. i will definitely clap. 

actual all-out dancing: clearly, i am drunk. just kidding, i don't drink. the only time this has happened is when my friends in a pop/electronic band were playing this super-tiny show and i felt bad for them. this is not a normal occurrence and if i wasn't friends with the band i'd slink back into the shadows to watch. 

lots of fidgeting; digging in my purse, flamingo-ing from one foot to the next, crossing and uncrossing my arms, lots of whispering to whoever i am at the show with: i am bored with you and/or the song. let's move on.  

jumping and yelling and pushing to stay in the front row: haven't done this since i was 19, probably isn't going to happen again. not saying just saying. 

palms together with my pointer fingers resting on my lips, maybe swaying but probably ramrod straight: the band basically owns my emotions in this moment. if it's during one of my favorite songs there's an 87% chance i'll tear up. you have captivated me and i will probably forget to clap because i'm still really in the moment. 

basically what i am trying to say is, from a distance i probably never look like i am having fun at a concert, even close up i may not look like i am having the time of my life but chances are good that there is nowhere else i'd rather be.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment