Monday, November 16, 2015

unrequited love.

my life is one giant unrequited love story.

i tweeted this years ago and it's sadly still true today. i have a tendency to fall for fellas who don't feel the same way about me. or i assume they don't because they don't tell me and i certainly don't have the kahones to say anything so i just love them from afar (and for a ridiculous amount of time) until they fall in love with some other girl and get married and then i finally get over them. it has happened multiple times. it's super healthy.

just pretend with me that the silver lining in all of this is that my soft spot for unrequited love songs has boosted sales or something. these are some of my favorites:

drive you home by parachute
lyric that gets me: "yeah summer heat, staring at the ceiling 'cause i just can't sleep, wondering what you're doing when it comes to me, there's nothing i can do it's always up to you." 

realize by colbie callait
lyric that gets me: "no it's never the same if you don't feel it too...if you could meet me halfway it could be the same for you." 

prove you wrong by he is we
lyric that gets me: "give me your heart, i don't want a piece or part i want it all, i want you to fall." 

i can't make you love me by bonnie raitt
this version by adele
lyric that gets me: "you can't make your heart feel something that it won't." 


they just resonate within the walls of my tiny, loving heart. if you've ever felt one-sided love you know the ache of wishing the other person would just understand how incredible you'd be together because you see it so why can't they, gosh darn it?!

*sigh*
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment