Monday, November 18, 2013

if you can hear me.

you know how sometimes a song gets lodged in your heart and you aren't really sure why because it doesn't really seem to pertain to your life?

recently i got to spend some time with ben rector's new album, a walking in between. it's a lovely singer-songwriter album (it made my top 10 list for the year) and one song in particular hung like a whisper in my soul. the song, if you can hear me, is a prayer for peace.
my life has been decently peachy as of late. i have fabulous friends, a job that i mostly enjoy that pays my bills, i live in one of the greatest city's in the world (in my opinion), and there is currently no snow on the ground which is a bit of a miracle for mid-november in minnesota. there was no reason this song should have captured my attention the way it did. but it did. i enjoyed it enough to post it on my facebook wall.

then saturday morning i got a call and it felt like my whole world was falling apart.
i cried a lot.
i took a shower.
i went on a walk.
i jumped on facebook for an easy distraction.
i saw my own post.
i listened to the song.
it helped.

my life still feels delicate. my heart still hurts. i will probably still shed tears.
but it's going to be okay.
because of music i am reminded i am not alone.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment