Wednesday, March 5, 2014

hold on.

there's just something about music from the 80's and early 90's that makes my heart smile.

i am guessing it makes me happy because it brings back some forgotten memories from my childhood;
like the radio being turned way up and the windows being rolled down as we drove back home from the lake with the backs of our legs sticking to the leather seats of that silver car my parents used to own.
or my dad grilling in the backyard with his little boombox at his side and me asking if i could lick the little brush he spread the bbq sauce with (i realize now that this is gross, but i still really love condiments).
or being really sad when my parents got to go to an REO Speedwagon concert and didn't take me with them.

i'm sure at the time i had no idea what half of those songs were about or if they were actually any good musically but they remind me of a simpler time in life when a year seemed to stretch on forever and you never had to worry about cars starting or paying bills because those were grown-up problems.

just last night i caught the tail-end of an episode of 'glee' (never been a fan, LOVED 'the glee project' though) before the new episode of 'new girl' came on. in those last few minutes they busted out a cover a wilson phillips' 'hold on' and i sang along like my name was carnie. oh the joy! i can't listen to that song and not
1. sing along
2. hold one hand flat to my chest and the other parallel to my head with my palm out (it's my signature i'm singing a pop ballad stance)


what songs make your heart happy? 
<3 br="">



No comments:

Post a Comment