Tuesday, June 10, 2014

favorites. part II.

a while back i did a post about some of my favorite lyrics in songs and i'm back with another because new music keeps coming out and i keep falling in love with fresh combinations of words and the meanings they create.

my roommate says that if i were a superhero my name would be Word Girl because i LOVE words. side note: whenever she calls me Word Girl i respond with "flame boy" like phoebe from friends. if you don't like friends i'm not sure we can be actual friends. i love the way they sound, the way they feel in your mouth, the way they can make your heart skip a beat or your head spin or your fists clench. all of it.

some of my favorite lyrics as of late:

"like an arrow passing through, your tongue can kill or it can kiss." -calm my soul by paper route

"all these people i meet it seems like they're fine, yeah in some ways i hope that they're not and their hearts are like mine." -wasteland by needtobreathe

"it's a new view babe, but it's the same air." -meant to be by parachute

"our hope is just a metaphor of something better." -slipping away by switchfoot

"the greatest gift to give a man is to give him grace to live again." -better love by green river ordinance

"you thought you were God and judge of all your friends, you naively believed that your ship couldn't sink but it did." -glass houses by the classic crime

"this isn't easy. this isn't clear. and you don't need Jesus til you're here." -when a heart breaks by ben rector [in context this lyric isn't blasphemous]

"we all have a story to tell whether we whisper or yell." -happily ever after by he is we

"and wipe the mark of sadness from my face, show me that your love will never change. and if my yesterday is a disgrace, tell me that you still recall my name." -cactus in the valley by LIGHTS

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment