Monday, June 22, 2015

driving the beast.

i know, i know...i missed frontman friday again. you'd think at this point i would really wise up and start writing them in advance but i guess not.

i was, again, out of state this past weekend and didn't have time to create a mini-shrine to one of my favorite lead singers. this friday's post will be great...i promise.

but i was out of state doing music related things! i was at a music festival for work in a tiny little town called sheldon in iowa. it was called risefest and it was a ton of fun! we (me and the interns) repped at a booth in the merch building, did a couple of stage spots (yeah, they gave me the mic....crushed it), and slept in the RV.

i did festivals for the college so most of it wasn't new to me. but the RV, that was a new one. not only was i sleeping in an RV instead of a hotel or my jeep (that's when i go to festivals by my lonesome) but they also made me drive the RV.

you may think "okay, so it's a little bigger than a normal vehicle" but no. this RV is a beast. it sleeps six. has a full kitchen. 3/4 bathroom. 2 couches. and a bay underneath for storage. so yeah, it's massive.

the best part of the story is that i learned how to drive this gigantic vehicle the day before we left for the festival. the guy who taught me made me go through a wendy's drive through to make me learn how to handle tight turns. i was terrified i was going to take out the whole joint! he did buy me a frosty though so that was nice. my legs were so shaky i could barely walk when i got out of the RV but the frosty was delicious.

so here's the beast in all it's glory. you can see me and the two interns in front of it for scale. i still look at it and go, "holy balls, i can't believe i drove that!"
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment