Monday, December 21, 2015

the day switchfoot called me.

YOU GUYS.
SWITCHFOOT CALLED ME.
ME.
ON THE PHONE.
THEY CALLED.
TODAY.

what?! 

yeah, i was as shocked as you. i was sitting at my desk and all of a sudden my cell phone started to ring and came up as "no caller ID." normally i don't answer my phone (i actually really hate talking on the phone) but i figured it was a telemarketer so i answered to tell them to remove me from their list.

the conversation started as follows:

me: hi, this is sara
him: hi sara, this is jerome from switchfoot.
me: wait, what?
him: this is jerome from switchfoot.
me: seriously?
him: yes! you sound surprised!
me: yeah....merry christmas?
him: hahaha, merry christmas to you too!.....

the conversation went on from there, we chatted for a solid 10 minutes about the weather (he brought it up, minnesotan's aren't the only ones who talk about it), live music, fictional characters we'd be friends with, and the fact that they are playing at the founder's weekend fundraiser for my workplace.

at the end of the conversation he said all the guys were waving to say hello (i'm guessing they actually weren't but it was a nice thought) and then thanked me for being a longtime fan (fan is an understatement) and wished me merry christmas again.

and then like the true millennial that i am i posted about it on facebook, texted my roommate and called my mom to let everyone know about my christmas miracle.

best monday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment