Monday, September 6, 2010

15,000. no lie.

so it seems as though my summer has been filled with "chance of a lifetime" opportunities and i was completely stoked when another one came my way this past weekend. there was a little festival called lifelight happening in the town of sioux falls, sd. i say 'little' but it's really not so little. lifelight is one of the few free christian music festivals in the country and attracts crowds of thousands! it's an amazing three days of music and ministry.
i know some wonderful people at an organization called shoutlife.com (a fresh approach to social networking- holla!) who were gracious enough to let me do a couple of stage spots to promote shoutlife! from main stage. the first one was on friday, it went great! did a little plug, threw out a couple shirts, one kid (of about the 100 or so that were in the audience) recognized me later and asked to take a picture with me, fun times!
the second one though, this one really takes the cake. it was a bit more of a prime time so i knew there would be a few more people there but we'd already done it once, how intimidating could it be? well let me just tell you, our time to talk was directly after those fabulous fellas from family force 5. that's right kids, we ran on stage right as family force 5 was running off stage. pretty sure i got some of fatty's sweat on me. the crowd was ENORMOUS. there were at least 15,000 people there and they were all looking at me and amanda. oh-my-lanta. and as if that wasn't enough, i was a bit stupid and wore a dress that day, and it was windy! i mean, it's south dakota, i think it's always windy. so not only did i have the piercing gaze of thousands of eyes on me, i was worried that a strong gust was going to kick up my dress and expose my pink undies to the world.
amanda did her ditty about refuge radio and handed the mic to me....i was on and all i could think was, "you'd better rock this or you're going to look like a big loser." thankfully, Jesus helped me out and i got all the right words out, got the crowd to make a little noise for the backstage meet and greet passes we were giving away and the wind behaved so no one saw my underpants. what a frickin' rush! both me and amanda were shaking and laughing from adrenaline as we ran off stage. we probably looked like total goobers but hey, we were just on the jumbo-tron! larger than life, baby!
xo

1 comment:

  1. Okay so 15,000 is an intimidating number! I was nervous with only 75 people in the audience at our first show... WOW!!!

    I really enjoy your blog! Keep it up!

    God bless and keep the faith!

    Chris

    P.S. I guess we didn't need the wind after all... Pink undies huh? LOL :D

    ReplyDelete