Monday, October 11, 2010

marry me.

i'm sure because of the title of this post one would assume that i am again professing my love for some random rock star (i realize i do this so often it's probably unhealthy) in hopes that he would reciprocate the feeling and we would live happily ever after. not so. this is the story of of a song.
i was driving along after work on my way to the grocery store when the radio dj announced the next song was train's new single, "marry me." the song opens with an acoustic guitar and pat monahan's vocals. that's it.
the song grabbed me. it struck a nerve and i don't even know why. maybe it's the simplicity of the song? maybe it's the hopeless romantic in me? maybe it's the fact that i want the story in the song to be my story? whatever the reason was i adored the song at first listen. it was a heart-stopping, eyes brimming with tears, drown-out-everything-but-the-song first listen that warmed my heart and reminded me what it means to fall in love with music all over again.
someday i will wear white and he'll wear out the words "i love you" and "you're beautiful."
xo

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! The last time I was taken aback by such a song was when Shinedown covered "Simple Man". It is a brilliant acoustic cover of the song written by Lynyrd Skynyrd. If you have the chance, check it out! Oh yeah, Train is not my favorite band by any means but, Meet Virgina was a groovy tune. :D

    God bless you sister!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i will definitely check out simple man sometime :)
    thanks for being a faithful reader- i think you're the only one!
    sara

    ReplyDelete