Wednesday, September 17, 2014

the brothers foreman.

it is zero secret that i'm in love with the foreman brothers. they make up 2/5 of switchfoot and probably 2/5 of my heart.

it may be surprising to learn that i fell in love with tim first (what can i say, i had a thing for bassists for awhile) but then jon stole my heart with his writings and his presence during live shows. it's this great balance of humility and confidence without a shred of cockiness.

anywho, then i watched their film and seeing the way they interact with one another and others only deepened my already-slightly-obsessive love for them.

then the other day, jon put up this picture on instagram:


he captioned it "last night my lil bro, @timforeman sang his own tune for the first time ever! he killed it! love you broseph. #whatitcosts"  guys, when i saw this picture my eyes got all watery and i gave a shakey little half laugh. i didn't even cry happy-tears at my own brother's wedding but show me a picture of these brothers loving on each other and those happy-tears just pour right out of me. i think i might be broken. 

i know i ramble on about them incessantly, to the point where i am probably making people dislike switchfoot even if they've never heard them but they are just so frickin' great. 

this is the song that inspired that inspired that instagram post: 
 
                         video credit: jared bamford

seriously, if you ever meet a jon or tim foreman 2.0, please give him my number and tell him i will marry him tomorrow.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment