Wednesday, October 29, 2014

if i had a million dollars.

"what would you spend it on if you were given a million dollars?" 

as a dreamer these kinds of questions make your mind jump to a thousand different places; open a coffee shop, travel the world, start a record label, pay off my school debt (okay, that's the pragmatic side of me thinking and probably what i would actually do)...

...but today i think i would start my own music festival.

i would plan the whole thing myself (because i'm a bit of a control freak, except i'd hire someone to look over contracts because that's a boring job) and basically just bring in bands/artists that i love. and since it's my festival i'm allowed to stand wherever i want and eat backstage food and i would get my own golf cart and it would be awesome.

obviously the most important part of any festival is the line-up. amazingly, all of the artists that i would want would be free on the same days (we'd start small with a 2-day festival) so i wouldn't have to worry about someone not being able to make it (how fortuitous). here is my dream line-up in no particular order:
  • switchfoot
  • needtobreathe
  • paper route
  • parachute
  • colony house
  • judah & the lion
  • mat kearney
  • the classic crime
  • ed sheeran
  • ellie goulding
  • one republic
  • lights
  • imagine dragons
  • ben rector
  • green river ordinance
  • the wedding
  • dave barnes
  • pink? (i feel like i need more ladies)
maybe this list would get no one excited but me but frankly i don't care about your feelings, this is my festival so shut it. 
i told myself all of these bands had to be current because if i put reo speedwagon on the list i'd want old school reo not current day so yes, somewhere in my heart of hearts i believe this could actually happen someday. 
and of course i know that to bring in the bands alone would be over a million dollars which leaves nothing for staging or sound or lights or security or whatever but why are you trying to kill my daydreams?! 

what would you do with a million dollars?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment