Monday, October 27, 2014

is there such a thing as post-travel depression?

it's monday and i'm back at work. insert sad face.
africa was amazing. i miss it and want to go back. like right now.
london was so much fun to revisit. great showing my mom around.

posting was weird while i was gone. i wrote posts in advance and tried to schedule them but clearly my technological illiteracy won out because only some of them posted. so if you follow this jumbled corner of the internet sorry that i suck at the internet.

i'm moving in 5 days so all i can think about is how i need to get my house packed up. and when i can afford to go back to africa. i also have virtually no food in my house because i was just gone for two weeks and i don't want to go buy food because i don't want to move it. and i can't stop looking at this shiny blister on my finger, i got it when i grabbed a plate with my bare hands that i had just pulled out of a 400 degree oven. i blame it on jet lag.

so all of this to say, HEY! I'M BACK AND I'LL PUT UP A POST WITH SOME PICTURES SOON AND I'LL MAKE SURE THAT I'M BACK ON THE FRONTMAN FRIDAY TRAIN AT SOME POINT AND I'M SURE THERE ARE SOME KILLER ALBUMS THAT RELEASE TOMORROW BUT I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE DATE IS TOMORROW AND MY BOSS WAS NOT THRILLED WHEN I TOLD HIM I'D BE MISSING OPENING NIGHT OF THE FALL PLAY BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE TICKETS TO SEE JUDAH & THE LION AND WHY IN BLAZES IS SOMEONE PLAYING CHRISTMAS MUSIC WITHIN HEARING DISTANCE OF MY OFFICE AND WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO COME PACK FOR ME?

this is my brain. this is my brain after international travel. (that was supposed to be like those anti-drug commercials with rachel leigh cook and the egg that she smashes with the frying pan. did anyone get that or am i the only one who was impacted by those commercials?) 

xo


2 comments:

  1. A youth pastor friend of mine used to describe experiences like your trip as "hyper reality". I can't help but agree with him as I look back on missions trips, camps, and conferences that I was a part of. It's easy to see this happening as during those times, emotions are soaring in anticipation of what God is going to do, and then He works and it's amazing! But when it's all said and done, and we get back to boring, monotonous daily life, I think we don't often expect God to work as He did and does during those moments when we're out of the routine. Obviously, we know that God is still working during those times, I think we just have to expect and look for it a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Give Me A Servant's Heart- so SORRY it took me so long to respond! i didn't know you had commented :( thanks for your thoughts...very true! life never seems as exciting with the day-to-day but God is definitely working in that too.

    ReplyDelete