Monday, October 12, 2015

whatta weekend.

normally i don't do a weekend recap sort of thing since that generally isn't the way i roll but you guys, this one was one for the books. i didn't travel anywhere exotic or solve world hunger or invent a device that will change the course of human history but i did get to hang out with people i love, see a band that i love, and spend almost the entirety of yesterday outdoors which i also love.

friday night i met up with a few friends at a tiny, crowded little bar for some karaoke fun. and by karaoke fun i mean we mostly just sang along as other people did karaoke but one of my friends did get up and sing jail house rock by elvis and absolutely crushed it. the drunk girls at the table next to ours kept telling him to get up and sing again.
love these people.
i completely understand if you want these to be your #squadgoals.

saturday was spent drinking coffee and taking a long walk around downtown before getting all gussied up and hitting up one of my favorite venues to see one of my favorite bands. okay, i maybe didn't get gussied but i did take a shower and lined the bottom of my eyelids for a more "evening" look so it counts.
obligatory signage shot.

the concert was the best i'd seen them play yet...i mean, i've only seen them twice before but i guess the third time was the charm. the openers were pretty decent and any time i get to see a band live that i've never seen before i'm for it.
 flor.
coin. duh.

colony house sang their entire when i was younger album save one song. and it's probably a good thing they didn't sing that one because it makes me teary and i just really hate it when strangers see me having feelings. but enough about me...the boys really showcased how talented of musicians they are without ever seeming like they were trying to prove anything. it was a shame that the pocket-sized club wasn't packed. it should have been, get your act together, twin cities.
colony house. sing it, caleb.

after two late nights out in a row i was a bit of a hurting unit on sunday morning but the promise of a warm day and the guarantee of an iced white mocha waiting for me at church i managed to drag my butt out of bed and embraced the remainder of my weekend. sunday was slow and full all at the same time...church, a four mile walk around an old neighborhood i used to live in, reading my book in the grass by the basilica (which really just made me feel like i was back in europe), and washing my sheets made our final 80 degree day of the year the best way to cap off the weekend. i realize that saying doing laundry was a great way to cap off the weekend sounds really lame but you know you love crawling into a bed with freshly washed sheets so don't even pretend like you don't.
 one of my favorite hideaways in the old 'hood.
 my reading spot.
wonderdog snoozed since he doesn't know how to read.
i love that fluffhead.

and it was good.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment