Tuesday, August 25, 2015

tour stories: showing up late...trying to leave early...

since i had virtually no time to blog before tour i didn't even get to talk about going late and the reason why.

i missed the first show of tour but i had a completely legitimate reason. the show of my dreams was going to be in my town and i bought tickets MONTHS ago (like before i had even applied for my current job) and nothing was going to keep me away. switchfoot and needtobreathe were going to be on stage together. magic. colony house was one of the openers and that was just the cherry on top in my little world. the show was at an outdoor plaza on friday, july 24th and it was balls-hot but that didn't matter to the couple thousand people that had gathered. the show was beautiful and when they all got on stage together to sing "brother" it was everything i had hoped it would be. 
the only disappointing part of the night was that i had to catch an early flight so i couldn't stay for jon foreman's after-show. it broke my little heart but it was actually the one time i made a halfway wise decision concerning sleep. can't start out tour completely drained.

*fast forward 2 weeks*

before tour started i had made arrangements to leave a day early and miss the final show. again, there was another concert that i already had tickets for...there are always concerts i have tickets for. 
anyway, it wasn't until the day before i was supposed to fly out that i realized i was going to miss my plane. see, the last leg of the tour had some very long drives that usually resulted in us getting to the venues very late in the morning. i had scheduled my flight out of memphis (the last stop) for 10:45am. we were driving from houston to memphis and we were not going to make it. 
i tried to find tickets out of houston but the cheap ones were all sold out and as much as i wanted to make the show spending $750 dollars on a one way ticket was just too ridiculous to even think about. so i missed it. i missed go fest and ended up sweating my butt off at the memphis show and then riding the bus home to minnesota.

silver lining: i got one more night in my fabulous little bunk. i frickin' loved my bunk. (there's a picture of my bunk on my instagram if you want to see how rad it was).

xo


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment