Monday, April 19, 2010

will you.....me?

i am just going to forewarn you, this will be the first of many "merch table stories"- it is also one of my personal favorites!
a couple of years ago the family force 5 and falling up tour came through town and i was asked to work merch. rad. so i got crunk and crossed my fingers that i'd get to work ff5's table. no such luck, i ended up working falling up's table, which is fine since i may have a bit of a crush on joe kisselburg. and their main merch man (the guy that travels with them) is hilarious. all was not lost!
the best part of the night though came after the show had ended and kids were just milling about finding rock stars to sign their t-shirts, posters, and shoes and i was doling out said t-shirts and posters (no shoes for sale) like candy.
me: "hi! did you enjoy the show?"
random teenage boy: "yeah, i did. are you married to one of the guys in the band?"
me:(chuckles) "no, but i should be, right?"
random boy: "so since you aren't married to one of them, will you go to prom with me?"
me:(laughs out loud) "i'm a bit old to go to prom, but thank you for asking."
random boy: (turns to friend) "see, i told you she wouldn't go with me."

i will never know if he was being serious or if it was all a dare but i will never forget it. kids say the darndest things.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment